The traditional Christmas festivity is incomplete without delectable cake. When it comes to Christmas, these elite cakes are the real show stoppers and determine any bash's success. Online cake and flowers delivery in Ambala is just a click away with way2flowers.com, which will take you to the traditional era with its authentic flavours. Most of the Christmas Cakes traditions are rooted in the UK and emphasise the relevance of plum cake on Christmas.
- Plum Cakes Today is the Plum-Porridge Successors: Plum-porridge predating the plum cake and plum puddings were of utmost significance in these traditions. These were the delicacies which people from ancient times used ate on the Christmas Eve (not on the Christmas Day).
- First Christmas Pudding: Gradually, these plum puddings morphed into first of its kind of Christmas Pudding with spices and dried fruits. Gradually butter, eggs and flour replaced the ancient oatmeals, leading its way to Plum Cakes. The spices used as preservatives and most people prefer to boil these cakes as ovens were pricey and affordable for rich people.
- First Plum Cake Recipe: The first plum cake recipe has its traces from 300 years back. In the UK, Stir-up Sunday falls in the last week of November as well as a month ahead of Christmas as last Sunday of the month when the families in England meet to mix their cakes.
- Superstitions Associated: From East to West direction, it was customary for all the families in England to go for Cake mix traditions to honour the three kings who visited the infant Jesus. Even the spices in the mix symbolise the honour to these three kings (wise men). There was a belief that the 13 ingredients present in the blend signify Jesus and his twelve disciples. Still, many families in England slip a silver coin or two into the cake mix, believing it to be for good luck.
- An Archetypal British Tradition: Immortalized in the various tales associated with Christmas, Christmas pudding is an essential aspect that has its string attached to few British royals. King George was known for the recipe Plum Cakes in the way back of 18th Century, and you can still find the King George’s Plum pudding recipes, Now. Earlier, these rich cakes were a mix of suet (a form of animal fat), dry fruit and minced meat. Boil by hanging in the cloth, and this recipe also addressed as bag puddings.
The other precursor of the contemporary cake is the 12th Night cake after Christmas Eve, which uses nuts and dried fruits.
If you are tempting for an authentic Plum cake enriched with the traditional vibes, cake home delivery in Delhi is comfortable with many bakeries around.